@Deprecated('expires when') marks a feature as deprecated.
@deprecated is a shorthand for deprecating until
an unspecified "next release".
The intent of the
@Deprecated annotation is to inform users of a feature
that they should change their code, even if it is currently still working
A deprecated feature is scheduled to be removed at a later time, possibly specified as the "expires" field of the annotation. This means that a deprecated feature should not be used, or code using it will break at some point in the future. If there is code using the feature, that code should be rewritten to not use the deprecated feature.
A deprecated feature should document how the same effect can be achieved, so the programmer knows how to rewrite the code.
@Deprecated annotation applies to libraries, top-level declarations
(variables, getters, setters, functions, classes and typedefs),
class-level declarations (variables, getters, setters, methods, operators or
constructors, whether static or not), named optional arguments and
trailing optional positional parameters.
Deprecation is transitive:
- If a library is deprecated, so is every member of it.
- If a class is deprecated, so is every member of it.
- If a variable is deprecated, so are its implicit getter and setter.
A tool that processes Dart source code may report when:
- the code imports a deprecated library.
- the code exports a deprecated library, or any deprecated member of a non-deprecated library.
- the code refers statically to a deprecated declaration.
- the code dynamically uses a member of an object with a statically known type, where the member is deprecated on the static type of the object.
- the code dynamically calls a method with an argument where the corresponding optional parameter is deprecated on the object's static type.
If the deprecated use is inside a library, class or method which is itself deprecated, the tool should not bother the user about it. A deprecated feature is expected to use other deprecated features.
- Deprecated(String expires)
Create a deprecation annotation which specifies the expiration of the annotated feature.const
other) → bool
The equality operator.inherited
) → String
Returns a string representation of this object.
Invocation invocation) → dynamic
Invoked when a non-existent method or property is accessed.inherited